Why is it cleverly designed?
Because solar hot water panels need radiant heat from the sun - but when a cloud comes over, the radiant heat diminishes. However, cloudy weather is common in Germany, so the Germans developed a panel that maximises solar radiation and retains it.
• Save electricity
• Cloudy weather - still heating water
• Clever German collector design with thermal collector blanketing
• More Government rebates
The Federal Government actually endorses this statement by its testing of Solar Hot Water systems and allocating the German Tech approximately 27% more government grant rebates than 5 other big brands.
How Solar Hot Water Works
Solar hot water systems use solar collectors (either flat panels or evacuated tubes) which absorb energy from the sun to heat water for your home. The heated water is then stored in an insulated tank for when you need it. The solar collectors are usually located on the roof of your home—they are best positioned facing north.
On cloudy days, or when hot water usage is higher than usual, your hot water system may need a boost when the temperature of the water falls below that of the thermostat setting, which automatically switches off when the water reaches the required temperature.
Flat plate solar collector
Flat plate collectors work on copper pipes running through a glass covered collector, often connected to a water storage tank on the roof. The sun heats the copperpipes and the resulting hot water is thermo-siphoned out of storage tank.
Evacuated tube solar collector (more efficient and great for frost prone areas)
Evacuated tubes consist two glass tubes fused at the top and bottom. The space between the two tubes is evacuated to form a vacuum. A copper pipe runs through the centre of the tube and meets a common manifold. The manifold is connected to a slow flow circulation pump that pumps water to a storage tank below, thus heating the water during the day. The hot water can be used at night or the next day due to the insulation of the tank.
• Ceramic tanks - 10 year warranty
• Clever German design
• 2 x Solar collectors / solar plates - thermally enhanced - 7 year warranty
• Grundfos pump (German brand ) - 2 year warranty
• Made by the world’s largest solar hot water Manufacturer
• Less weight, so can be used on older roofing
• More economical
• Easier Maintenance due to easier access to the tank
• Stainless Steel Tank-10 year warranty
• Clever German design
• 2 x Solar collector / solar plates - thermally enhanced - 7 year warranty - Grundfos pump (German brand ) - 2 year warranty
• Made by the world’s Largest Solar Hot Water Manufacturer